lovebird(redirected from lovebird pox)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various small African parrots of the genus Agapornis, often kept as cage birds and noted for the apparent affection between mates.
2. lovebirds Informal A couple who are openly affectionate or demonstrative with each other, especially in public.
1. (Animals) any of several small African parrots of the genus Agapornis, often kept as cage birds
2. (Animals) another name for budgerigar
3. informal a lover: the lovebirds are in the garden.
1. any of various small parrots, esp. of the genus Agapornis, of Africa, noted for the affection shown between mates.
2. lovebirds, a pair of lovers.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lovebird - small Australian parakeet usually light green with black and yellow markings in the wild but bred in many colors|
budgereegah, budgerigar, budgerygah, budgie, grass parakeet, Melopsittacus undulatus, shell parakeet
parakeet, paraquet, paroquet, parrakeet, parroket, parroquet - any of numerous small slender long-tailed parrots
|2.||lovebird - small African parrot noted for showing affection for their mates|
parrot - usually brightly colored zygodactyl tropical birds with short hooked beaks and the ability to mimic sounds