makeweight(redirected from makeweights)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Something added on a scale in order to meet a required weight.
2. Something added only to fill a lack.
3. A counterweight; a counterbalance.
1. something put on a scale to make up a required weight
2. an unimportant person or thing added to make up a lack
1. something put in a scale to complete a required weight.
2. anything added to supply a lack.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||makeweight - anything added to fill out a whole; "some of the items in the collection are mere makeweights"|
|2.||makeweight - a weight added to the scale to reach a required weight|
weight - an artifact that is heavy