Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to malpractice: Legal malpractice
1. Performance, as by a physician or lawyer, that falls below the professional minimum standard of care or service for a patient or client, especially when legally actionable because an injury or loss has been suffered by the patient or client.
2. An instance of such performance.
mal′prac·ti′tion·er (-tĭsh′ə-nər) n.
1. immoral, illegal, or unethical professional conduct or neglect of professional duty
2. any instance of improper professional conduct
1. dereliction of professional duty, as by a doctor or lawyer, through ignorance or negligence or criminal intent, esp. when injury or loss follows.
2. any improper, negligent practice.
mal`prac•ti′tion•er (-ˈtɪʃ ə nər) n.
Conduct by a professional or official person that is immoral or improper.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||malpractice - professional wrongdoing that results in injury or damage; "the widow sued his surgeon for malpractice"|
|2.||malpractice - a wrongful act that the actor had no right to do; improper professional conduct; "he charged them with electoral malpractices"|
n. negligencia profesional.