Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to marc: Marca
1. See pomace.
2. Brandy distilled from fermented grape or apple pomace.
[French, from Old French march, from marchier, to trample; see march1.]
marc(mɑːk; French mar)
1. (Brewing) the remains of grapes or other fruit that have been pressed for wine-making
2. (Brewing) a brandy distilled from these
[C17: from French, from Old French marchier to trample (grapes), march1]
(Biography) Franz (frants). 1880–1916, German expressionist painter; cofounder with Kandinsky of the Blaue Reiter group (1911). He is noted for his symbolic compositions of animals
marc(mɑrk; Fr. mar)
1. the residue of skins and pips of grapes after the juice is expressed.
2. brandy distilled from this residue.
[1595–1605; < Middle French, derivative of marcher to tread (upon); see march1]