Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to matchstick: matchbook
1. A short, slender piece of wood from which a match is made.
2. Something similar to a matchstick, as in slenderness: a jicama cut into matchsticks.
the wooden part of a match
1. made with or as if with matchsticks: a matchstick model.
2. (esp of figures drawn with single strokes) thin and straight: matchstick men.
1. a short slender piece of wood used in making matches.
2. something that suggests a matchstick in thinness or fragility.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||matchstick - a short thin stick of wood used in making matches|
friction match, match, lucifer - lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction; "he always carries matches to light his pipe"; "as long you've a lucifer to light your fag"
stick - an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
matchstick[ˈmætʃstɪk] N → fósforo m
n (= match) → allumette f matchsticks