Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to measly: contemptibly, measly pork
adj. mea·sli·er, mea·sli·est
1. Infected with measles.
2. Slang Contemptibly small; meager: gave the waiter a measly tip.
[Sense 2, from the low quality and unhealthiness of pork infected by porcine measles.]
adj, -slier or -sliest
1. informal meagre in quality or quantity
2. (Veterinary Science) (of meat) measled
3. (Pathology) having or relating to measles
[C17: see measles]
adj. -sli•er, -sli•est.
1. contemptibly small: a measly salary.
2. infected with measles.
3. pertaining to or resembling measles.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||measly - contemptibly small in amount; "a measly tip"; "the company donated a miserable $100 for flood relief"; "a paltry wage"; "almost depleted his miserable store of dried beans"|
1. Slang. Conspicuously deficient in quantity, fullness, or extent: