References in periodicals archive ?
The mesoscale atmospheric circulation patterns correspond to smaller areas and thus are directly related to surface weather.
Still a third regime of smallness, the mesoscale region, is beginning to achieve recognition.
Nevertheless, researchers recent discovered that billons of atoms on a mesoscale move collectively with a much higher velocity than expected on the basis of the traditional hopping theory.
During the last decade, studies have identified a mesoscale transient jet, the sting jet, that occurs in some extratropical cyclones, and we find that its existence is a significant factor in realizing such damaging wind storms.
Their topics include early life history, feeding ecology, the formation of a Pacific bluefin tuna fishing ground on their spawning grounds around Ryukyu Islands and implications of a relationship with mesoscale eddies, otolithic geochemical analysis for stock discrimination and migratory ecology of tuna species, new insights into reproduction in wild and captive species, and a method for measuring the swimming behavior of Pacific bluefin tuna.
Intrathermocline eddies (ITEs) are mesoscale vortices characterized by a lens-like shape with maximum velocity 200-300 m below the thermocline (Dugan et al.
The topics include from atoms to concrete structures, the stress-based non-local damage model, macroscale and mesoscale models to predict concrete failure and size effects, a coupling between creep and damage with applications to radioactive waste disposal, and measuring earthquake damages to a high-strength concrete structure.
Completed by the Committee on Developing Mesoscale Meteorological Observational Capabilities to Meet Multiple National Needs, this volume discusses the relatively inexpensive digital equipment that can now be used to take accurate weather measurements, and how amateurs are able to build observation stations that meet professional standards.
This was a problem, because mesoscale meteorological models, as well as dispersion models (both Eulerian and Lagrangian), usually adapted MOST formulas to urban areas by only changing the roughness length.
Until recently, numerical weather prediction models haven't been run at a high enough spatial resolution to accurately model individual thunderstorm cells or mesoscale convective complexes.
A Numerical Study of the Mesoscale Variability in the Norwegian
Dictionary browser ?
- mesophytic plant
Full browser ?
- Mesorhizobium huakuii subsp. rengei
- Mesorhizobium Loti
- Mesoridazine besylate
- Mesoscale Air-Pollution Simulation Model
- Mesoscale Alpine Programme
- Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology
- Mesoscale and Severe Storms Computer System
- Mesoscale Atmospheric Simulation System
- Mesoscale Bent-Plume Model
- Mesoscale Compressible Community
- Mesoscale Convection Resolving Model
- Mesoscale Convective Complex
- Mesoscale convective system
- Mesoscale Convective Vortex
- mesoscale eddies
- Mesoscale Evolution Project-1991
- Mesoscale Lightning Experiment
- Mesoscale Meteorological Model, Version 4
- Mesoscale Meteorological Model, Version 5
- Mesoscale Meteorological Reprocessor Program
- Mesoscale meteorology
- Mesoscale meteorology
- Mesoscale Model
- mesoscale motion
- Mesoscale Prediction and Analysis System
- Mesoscale Puff Model
- Mesoscale Radiatively-Induced Anvil Spreading
- Mesoscale Transport and Stream