milker(redirected from milkers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A whitish liquid containing proteins, fats, lactose, and various vitamins and minerals that is produced by the mammary glands of all mature female mammals after they have given birth and serves as nourishment for their young.
2. The milk of cows, goats, or other animals, used as food by humans.
3. Any of various potable liquids resembling milk, such as coconut milk or soymilk.
4. A liquid resembling milk in consistency, such as milkweed sap or milk of magnesia.
v. milked, milk·ing, milks
a. To draw milk from the teat or udder of (a female mammal).
b. To draw or extract a liquid from: milked the stem for its last drops of sap.
2. To press out, drain off, or remove (a liquid): milk venom from a snake.
a. To draw out or extract something from: milked the witness for information.
b. To obtain money or benefits from, in order to achieve personal gain; exploit: "The dictator and his cronies had milked their country of somewhere between $5 billion and $10 billion" (Russell Watson).
c. To obtain the greatest possible advantage from (a situation).
d. To get the greatest effect from (a line or scene in a play, for example).
1. To yield or supply milk.
2. To draw milk from a female mammal.
To take advantage of the help or kindness of others, as when one acts as if one still needs help after recovering from an illness.
1. (Agriculture) a cow, goat, etc, that yields milk, esp of a specified quality or amount: a poor milker.
2. (Agriculture) a person who milks
3. (Agriculture) another name for milking machine
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||milker - cattle that are reared for their milk|
Bos taurus, cattle, cows, kine, oxen - domesticated bovine animals as a group regardless of sex or age; "so many head of cattle"; "wait till the cows come home"; "seven thin and ill-favored kine"- Bible; "a team of oxen"
Ayrshire - hardy breed of dairy cattle from Ayr, Scotland
Brown Swiss - large hardy brown breed of dairy cattle from Switzerland
Jersey - a breed of diary cattle developed on the island of Jersey
milking shorthorn - breed evolved from shorthorn beef cattle
Guernsey - breed of dairy cattle from the island of Guernsey