Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to milling: milling machine, milling around
1. The act or process of grinding, especially grinding grain into flour or meal.
2. The operation of cutting, shaping, finishing, or working products manufactured in a mill.
3. The ridges cut on the edges of coins.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) the act or process of grinding, cutting, pressing, or crushing in a mill
2. the vertical grooves or fluting on the edge of a coin, etc
3. (Agriculture) (in W North America) a method of halting a stampede of cattle by turning the leaders in a wide arc until the herd turns in upon itself in a tightening spiral