Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who advocates a moderate or conservative approach, action, or policy, as in a political or governmental organization.
2. A practitioner of minimalism.
1. Of, relating to, characteristic of, or in the style of minimalism.
2. Being or providing a bare minimum of what is necessary.
1. a person advocating a minimal policy, style, technique, action, etc
2. (Art Terms) a minimal artist
(Art Terms) of or relating to minimal art or artists
(in early 20th-century Russia) n
1. (Historical Terms) a member of the faction of the Social Revolutionaries that advocated immediate postrevolutionary democracy
2. (Historical Terms) a less common name for a Menshevik
min•i•mal•ist(ˈmɪn ə mə lɪst)
1. a person who favors a moderate approach to, or who holds minimal expectations for, the achievement of specific goals or programs.
2. a practitioner of minimalism.adj.
3. of or characteristic of minimalism.
4. being or offering only what is required or essential: a minimalist program for tax reform.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||minimalist - a conservative who advocates only minor reforms in government or politics|
|2.||minimalist - a practitioner or advocate of artistic minimalism|
|Adj.||1.||minimalist - of or relating to artistic minimalism|
|2.||minimalist - advocating minimal reforms (as in government or politics)|
governing, government activity, government, governance, administration - the act of governing; exercising authority; "regulations for the governing of state prisons"; "he had considerable experience of government"
political science, politics, government - the study of government of states and other political units
moderate - being within reasonable or average limits; not excessive or extreme; "moderate prices"; "a moderate income"; "a moderate fine"; "moderate demands"; "a moderate estimate"; "a moderate eater"; "moderate success"; "a kitchen of moderate size"; "the X-ray showed moderate enlargement of the heart"