mishandle(redirected from mishandled)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
tr.v. mis·han·dled, mis·han·dling, mis·han·dles
1. To deal with clumsily or inefficiently; mismanage: mishandled the project.
2. To treat roughly; maltreat: The package was mishandled during shipping.
(tr) to handle or treat badly or inefficiently
v.t. -dled, -dling.
1. to handle roughly; maltreat.
2. to manage badly: to mishandle an estate.
Past participle: mishandled
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||mishandle - make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"|
bobble, bodge, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, botch, botch up, bumble, bungle, flub, fluff, foul up, fuck up, louse up, mess up, muck up, ball up, spoil, muff, screw up, fumble, blow
|2.||mishandle - manage badly or incompetently; "The funds were mismanaged"|
2. To harm irreparably through inept handling; make a mess:
ball up, blunder, boggle, botch, bungle, foul up, fumble, gum up, mess up, mismanage, muddle, muff, spoil.
Idiom: make a muck of.