Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
mis·susor mis·sis (mĭs′ĭz, -ĭs)
1. The mistress of a household. Often used with the.
2. Informal One's wife or girlfriend. Often used with the: Tell the missus I said hello.
[Alteration of mistress.]
missus(ˈmɪsɪz; -ɪs) or
1. the missus informal one's wife or the wife of the person addressed or referred to
2. an informal term of address for a woman
[C19: spoken version of Mistress]
or mis•sus(ˈmɪs əz, -əs)
1. Informal. wife.
2. the mistress of a household.
[1780–90; assimilated pronoun of mistress]