Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to modular: modular arithmetic
1. Of, relating to, or based on a module or modulus.
2. Constructed out of usually prefabricated units with standardized dimensions, allowing for easy assembly and flexible arrangement: modular furniture; modular homes.
a. Of or relating to fields having a characteristic greater than zero.
b. Of or relating to structured equivalence classes.
4. Biology Relating to, exhibiting, or being a pattern of growth in which similar morphological units, called modules, are added repeatedly.
mod′u·lar′i·ty (-lăr′ĭ-tē) n.
1. (General Physics) of, consisting of, or resembling a module or modulus
2. (Mathematics) of, consisting of, or resembling a module or modulus
mod•u•lar(ˈmɒdʒ ə lər)
1. of or pertaining to a module or a modulus.
2. composed of standardized units or sections for easy construction or flexible arrangement.n.
3. something built or organized in self-contained units or sections.
4. a self-contained unit or item that can be combined or interchanged with others like it to create different shapes or designs.
[1790–1800; < New Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||modular - constructed with standardized units or dimensions allowing flexibility and variety in use; "modular furniture"; "modular homes"|
standard - conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value; or of the usual or regularized or accepted kind; "windows of standard width"; "standard sizes"; "the standard fixtures"; "standard brands"; "standard operating procedure"