Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to moleskin: EverNote
1. The short, soft, silky fur of a mole.
a. A heavy-napped cotton twill fabric.
b. moleskins Clothing, especially trousers, of this fabric.
3. A soft material, often with an adhesive backing, used especially on the feet to protect against chafing.
1. (Textiles) the dark grey dense velvety pelt of a mole, used as a fur
2. (Textiles) a hard-wearing cotton fabric of twill weave used for work clothes, etc
3. (Textiles) (modifier) made from moleskin: a moleskin waistcoat.
1. the fur of the mole.
2. a strong, heavy cotton fabric with a suedelike finish.
3. moleskins, a garment, esp. trousers, of this fabric.
4. an adhesive-backed felt applied to parts of the feet subject to abrasion from footwear.
A heavy cotton fabric brushed to give it a suedelike appearance.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||moleskin - a durable cotton fabric with a velvety nap|