Mongol(redirected from mongolly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to mongolly: Mongolia
Mon·gol(mŏng′gəl, -gōl′, mŏn′-)
1. A member of any of the traditionally nomadic peoples of Mongolia.
2. See Mongolian.
3. Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification.
1. Of or relating to Mongolia, the Mongols, or their language or culture.
2. Anthropology Of or relating to the Mongoloid racial classification.
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Mongolia, esp a nomad
2. (Languages) the Mongolian language
(Pathology) a formerly used and now highly offensive name for a person affected by Down's syndrome
Mon•gol(ˈmɒŋ gəl, -goʊl, ˈmɒn-)
a. a member of a pastoral people or group of peoples of Mongolia prominent in medieval Asian history under Genghis Khan and his successors.
b. a member of any of the modern peoples descended from the historical Mongols, esp. the present inhabitants of Mongolia.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mongol - a member of the nomadic peoples of Mongolia|
Oriental, oriental person - a member of an Oriental race; the term is regarded as offensive by Asians (especially by Asian Americans)
Mongol Tatar, Tatar, Tartar - a member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century
|Adj.||1.||Mongol - of or relating to the region of Mongolia or its people or their languages or cultures; "the Mongol invaders"; "a Mongolian pony"; "Mongolian syntax strongly resembles Korean syntax"|