monolithic(redirected from monolithically)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to monolithically: Resend
1. Constituting a monolith: a monolithic sculpture.
2. Massive, solid, and uniform: the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture.
3. Constituting or acting as a single, often rigid, uniform whole: a monolithic worldwide movement.
1. of, relating to, or like a monolith
2. characterized by hugeness, impenetrability, or intractability: a monolithic government.
3. (Electronics) electronics (of an integrated circuit) having all components manufactured into or on top of a single chip of silicon. See hybrid6
mon•o•lith•ic(ˌmɒn əˈlɪθ ɪk)
1. of or pertaining to a monolith.
2. consisting of one piece; solid or unbroken.
3. characterized by massiveness, total uniformity, rigidity, invulnerability, etc.: a monolithic society.
4. of or pertaining to an integrated circuit formed in a single chip.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||monolithic - imposing in size or bulk or solidity; "massive oak doors"; "Moore's massive sculptures"; "the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture"; "a monumental scale"|
big, large - above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"
|2.||monolithic - characterized by massiveness and rigidity and total uniformity; "a monolithic society"; "a monolithic worldwide movement"|
undiversified - not diversified
1. inflexible, rigid, impenetrable, intractable, unchanging, immovable, hidebound, unbending, fossilized an authoritarian and monolithic system