Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to monomorphic: Monomorphic ventricular tachycardia, Sexually monomorphic
mon·o·mor·phic(mŏn′ō-môr′fĭk) also mon·o·mor·phous (-fəs)
1. Chemistry Having only one form, as one crystal form.
2. Biology Having or existing in only one form, as having only one allele of a gene or having males and females that look alike.
1. (Biology) (of an individual organism) showing little or no change in structure during the entire life history
2. (Biology) (of a species) existing or having parts that exist in only one form
3. (Chemistry) (of a chemical compound) having only one crystalline form
mon•o•mor•phic(ˌmɒn əˈmɔr fɪk)
1. Biol. having the same basic form throughout the life cycle.
2. of the same or of an essentially similar type of structure.