Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Informal An extremely conservative or old-fashioned person.
a. An old sluggish fish.
b. An old turtle with a growth of algae on its back.
1. (Zoology) an old turtle, shellfish, etc, that has a growth of algae on its back
2. informal a provincial or conservative person
1. Informal. a person holding very antiquated notions; reactionary.
2. an old turtle.
3. a large and old fish, as a bass.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||mossback - an extremely old-fashioned conservative|