lymphoid(redirected from mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT))
Also found in: Medical.
Related to mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT): Gut associated lymphoid tissue
1. Of or relating to lymph or the lymphatic tissue where lymphocytes are formed.
2. Of or relating to lymphocytic cells, including B cells, T cells, and their precursors, that are thought to derive from a common progenitor in the bone marrow.
1. (Biochemistry) of or resembling lymph, or relating to the lymphatic system
2. (Anatomy) of or resembling lymph, or relating to the lymphatic system
1. of, pertaining to, or resembling lymph.
2. of or pertaining to the tissue (lym′phoid tis`sue) that occurs in the lymph nodes, thymus, tonsils, and spleen and produces lymphocytes.
|Adj.||1.||lymphoid - resembling lymph or lymphatic tissues|
a. linfoide, que se asemeja al tejido linfático.