Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to multiplexing: Time division multiplexing, Demultiplexing, Frequency division multiplexing
1. Relating to, having, or consisting of multiple elements or parts: "the whole complex and multiplex detail of the noble science of dinner" (Thomas Love Peacock).
2. Relating to or being a system of simultaneous communication of two or more messages on the same wire or radio channel.
1. A multiplex communication system.
2. A building having a number of separate movie theaters that are usually accessed from a central lobby.
3. A dwelling with multiple separate units.
v. mul·ti·plexed, mul·ti·plex·ing, mul·ti·plex·es
To send messages or signals simultaneously using a multiplex system.
To send simultaneously using a multiplex system.
1. (Computer Science) a process in which several signals or digital data streams are combined into one signal over a shared medium
2. (Telecommunications) a process in which several signals or digital data streams are combined into one signal over a shared medium