Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. a person or thing that floats.
2. a person who is continually changing his or her place of abode, employment, etc.; drifter.
3. an employee without a fixed job assignment.
4. a person who fraudulently votes, usu. for pay, in different places in the same election.
5. a territorial animal that has been forced into marginal habitats.
6. a speck or string that appears to be drifting across the eye just outside the line of vision.
7. an insurance policy that covers movable personal property.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||musca volitans - spots before the eyes caused by opaque cell fragments in the vitreous humor and lens; "floaters seem to drift through the field of vision"|
symptom - (medicine) any sensation or change in bodily function that is experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease