Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to navicular: Navicular fossa
1. A comma-shaped bone of the human wrist, located in the first row of carpals.
2. A concave bone of the human foot, located between the talus and the metatarsals. In both senses also called scaphoid.
Shaped like a boat; scaphoid.
shaped like a boat
(Anatomy) a small boat-shaped bone of the wrist or foot
[C16: from Late Latin nāviculāris, from Latin nāvicula, diminutive of nāvis ship]
na•vic•u•lar(nəˈvɪk yə lər)
1. boat-shaped, as certain bones.n.
2. the bone at the radial end of the proximal row of the bones of the carpus.
3. the bone in front of the talus on the inner side of the foot.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||navicular - the largest wrist bone on the thumb side|
|Adj.||1.||navicular - shaped like a boat|
formed - having or given a form or shape
n. navicular, hueso escafoide;
a. en forma de nave;
___ abdomen → abdomen ___;
___ bone → hueso ___;
___ fossa of urethra → fosa ___ de la uretra.