neglected(redirected from neglectedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
tr.v. ne·glect·ed, ne·glect·ing, ne·glects
1. To pay little or no attention to; fail to heed; disregard: neglected their warnings.
2. To fail to care for or attend to properly: neglects her appearance.
3. To fail to do or carry out, as through carelessness or oversight: neglected to return the call.
1. The act or an instance of neglecting something: Your neglect of my advice will only make matters worse.
2. The state or fact of being neglected: The garden fell into neglect.
3. Habitual lack of care: The dog has been subjected to terrible neglect.
[Latin neglegere, neglēct- : neg-, not; see ne in Indo-European roots + legere, to choose, pick up; see leg- in Indo-European roots.]
suffering from a lack of careoverlooked and forgotten
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||neglected - disregarded; "his cries were unheeded"; "Shaw's neglected one-act comedy, `A Village Wooing'"; "her ignored advice"|
unnoticed - not noticed; "hoped his departure had passed unnoticed"
|2.||neglected - lacking a caretaker; "a neglected child"; "many casualties were lying unattended"|
uncared-for - lacking needed care and attention
bị sao lãng