negotiable(redirected from negotiably)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial.
Related to negotiably: endorsee
1. Capable of being discussed in an effort to reach an agreement: negotiable demands.
2. Capable of being traveled over or through; passable: a negotiable road.
a. Transferable from one person to another: negotiable securities.
b. Transferable from one person to another by means of endorsement: checks and other negotiable instruments.
1. able to be negotiated
2. (Banking & Finance) (of a bill of exchange, promissory note, etc) legally transferable in title from one party to another
ne•go•ti•a•ble(nɪˈgoʊ ʃi ə bəl, -ʃə bəl)
1. capable of being negotiated.
2. (esp. of securities) transferable by delivery, with or without endorsement, the title then passing to the transferee.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||negotiable - capable of being passed or negotiated; "a negotiable road"|
passable - able to be passed or traversed or crossed; "the road is passable"
|2.||negotiable - able to be negotiated or arranged by compromise; "negotiable demands"; "the proposal is still on the table"|
flexible - capable of being changed; "flexible schedules"
|3.||negotiable - legally transferable to the ownership of another; "negotiable bonds"|
alienable - transferable to another owner
1. debatable, flexible, unsettled, undecided, open to discussion, discussable or discussible The manor is for sale at a negotiable price.
(Comm) (= can be sold) → verkäuflich, veräußerlich; (= can be transferred) → übertragbar; not negotiable → nicht verkäuflich/übertragbar