Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. A man who owns or publishes a newspaper.
2. A man who is a newspaper reporter, writer, or editor.
n, pl -men
1. (Journalism & Publishing) a man who works for a newspaper as a reporter or editor
2. (Journalism & Publishing) the male owner or proprietor of a newspaper
3. (Journalism & Publishing) a man who sells newspapers in the street
news•pa•per•man(ˈnuzˌpeɪ pərˌmæn, ˈnyuz-, ˈnus-, ˈnyus-)
n., pl. -men.
1. a person employed by a newspaper or wire service as a reporter, writer, or editor.
2. the owner or operator of a newspaper or news service.
usage: See -man.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||newspaperman - a journalist employed to provide news stories for newspapers or broadcast media|
foreign correspondent - a journalist who sends news reports and commentary from a foreign country for publication or broadcast
journalist - a writer for newspapers and magazines
war correspondent - a journalist who sends news reports and commentary from a combat zone or place of battle for publication or broadcast