Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to nogging: nogging piece
1. Brickwork used to fill in the open spaces in a wall between studs or or other framing members.
2. A short horizontal wooden beam used to strengthen upright posts in the framework of a wall.
1. (Building) Also called: nog or dwang (Scot and NZ)a short horizontal timber member used between the studs of a framed partition
2. (Building) masonry or brickwork between the timber members of a framed construction
3. (Building) a number of wooden pieces fitted between the timbers of a half-timbered wall
masonry, as bricks, used to fill the spaces between studs or other framing members.