nonet(redirected from nonets)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. A combination of nine instruments or voices.
2. A composition written for such a combination.
[Italian nonetto, from diminutive of nono, ninth, from Latin nōnus; see nones.]
1. (Classical Music) a piece of music composed for a group of nine instruments
2. (Classical Music) an instrumental group of nine players
[C19: from Italian nonetto, from nono ninth, from Latin nōnus]
1. a group of nine voices or instruments.
2. a composition for a nonet.
[1860–65; < Italian nonetto]