Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to nonresident: Non Resident Alien
1. Not living in a particular place: nonresident students who commute to classes.
2. Owned by, applying to, or characteristic of a person who is not a resident of a particular place: nonresident property; a nonresident fishing license.
non·res′i·dence, non·res′i·den·cy n.
1. a person who is not residing in the place implied or specified: the hotel restaurant is open to nonresidents.
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) a British person employed abroad on a contract for a minimum of one year, who is exempt from UK income tax provided that he or she does not spend more than 90 days in the UK during that tax year
not residing in the place specified
nonˈresidence, nonˈresidency n
non•res•i•dent(nɒnˈrɛz ɪ dənt)
1. not resident in a particular place.n.
2. a person who is nonresident.
non•res′i•dence, non•res′i•den•cy, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||nonresident - someone who does not live in a particular place; "described by an admiring nonresident as a green and pleasant land"|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
|Adj.||1.||nonresident - not living in a particular place or owned by permanent residents; "nonresident students who commute to classes"; "nonresident real estate"|
resident - living in a particular place; "resident aliens"