Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Related to nonresistant: impulse
1. Not resistant, especially to a disease or an environmental factor, such as heat or moisture.
2. Submissively obedient.
1. incapable of resisting something, such as a disease; susceptible
2. (Historical Terms) history (esp in 17th-century England) practising passive obedience to royal authority even when its commands were unjust
non•re•sis•tant(ˌnɒn rɪˈzɪs tənt)
1. not able to resist something, as a disease; susceptible.
2. not resistant; passively obedient.n.
3. a person who maintains that established authority, even when tyrannical, should not be resisted by force.
4. a person who does not use force to resist violence.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||nonresistant - (often followed by `to') likely to be affected with; "liable to diabetes"|
susceptible - (often followed by `of' or `to') yielding readily to or capable of; "susceptible to colds"; "susceptible of proof"
|2.||nonresistant - offering no resistance|
compliant - disposed or willing to comply; "children compliant with the parental will"