nosepiece(redirected from nosepieces)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. A piece of armor that forms part of a helmet and protects the nose.
2. The part of a pair of eyeglasses that fits across the nose.
3. See noseband.
4. The part of a microscope, often rotatable, to which one or more objective lenses are attached.
1. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) Also called: nasal a piece of armour, esp part of a helmet, that serves to protect the nose
2. the connecting part of a pair of spectacles that rests on the nose; bridge
3. (General Physics) the part of a microscope to which one or more objective lenses are attached
4. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) a less common word for noseband
1. the part of an eyeglass frame that passes over the bridge of the nose.
2. the part of a microscope to which the objectives are attached.
3. a piece of armor serving as protection for the nose.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||nosepiece - armor plate that protects the nose|
armor plate, armor plating, armour plate, plate armor, plate armour - specially hardened steel plate used to protect fortifications or vehicles from enemy fire
|2.||nosepiece - a strap that is the part of a bridle that goes over the animal's nose|
bridle - headgear for a horse; includes a headstall and bit and reins to give the rider or driver control
strap - an elongated leather strip (or a strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position
|3.||nosepiece - the link between two lenses; rests on the nose|
linkup, tie-in, link, tie - a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"