Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Worthy of note or notice; remarkable: notable beauty; sled dogs that are notable for their stamina.
2. Characterized by excellence or distinction; eminent: formed a commission of notable citizens. See Synonyms at famous.
3. Perceptible; noticeable: They spoke with a notable accent and were immediately recognized as foreigners.
1. A person of distinction or great reputation. See Synonyms at celebrity.
2. often Notable One of a council of prominent persons in pre-Revolutionary France called into assembly to deliberate at times of emergency.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin notābilis, from notāre, to note, from nota, note; see note.]