nubile(redirected from nubilely)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
nu·bile(no͞o′bĭl, -bīl′, nyo͞o′-)
1. Ready for marriage; of a marriageable age or condition. Used of young women.
2. Sexually mature and attractive. Used of young women.
[Latin nūbilis, from nūbere, to take a husband.]
nu·bil′i·ty (no͞o-bĭl′ĭ-tē, nyo͞o-) n.
(of a girl or woman) adj
1. ready or suitable for marriage by virtue of age or maturity
2. sexually attractive
[C17: from Latin nūbilis, from nūbere to marry]
nu•bile(ˈnu bɪl, -baɪl, ˈnyu-)
1. (of a young woman) suitable for marriage, esp. in regard to age or physical development.
2. (of a young woman) sexually developed and attractive.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||nubile - of girls or women who are eligible to marry|
mature - having reached full natural growth or development; "a mature cell"
a. núbil. rel. a la madurez sexual femenina.