Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. Existing independent of or external to the mind; actual or real: objective reality.
b. Based on observable phenomena; empirical: objective facts.
2. Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic. See Synonyms at fair1.
3. Medicine Relating to or being an indicator of disease, such as a physical sign, laboratory test, or x-ray that can be observed or verified by someone other than the person being evaluated.
a. Of, relating to, or being the case of a noun or pronoun that serves as the object of a verb.
b. Of or relating to a noun or pronoun used in this case.
1. Something worked toward or striven for; a goal. See Synonyms at intention.
2. A thing or group of things existing independent of the mind.
a. The objective case.
b. A noun or pronoun in the objective case.
4. The primary optical element, such as a lens or mirror, in a microscope, camera, telescope, or other optical instrument, that first receives light rays from the object and forms the image. Also called object glass, objective lens, object lens.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||objectiveness - judgment based on observable phenomena and uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices|