Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to octillion: undecillion, vigintillion, sextillion
1. The cardinal number that is equal to 1027.
2. Chiefly British The cardinal number that is equal to 1048.
1. (Mathematics) (in Britain and Germany) the number represented as one followed by 48 zeros (1048)
2. (Mathematics) (in the US, Canada, and France) the number represented as one followed by 27 zeros (1027)
[C17: from French, on the model of million]
n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, n.
1. a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 27 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 48 zeros.adj.
2. amounting to one octillion in number.
[1680–90; < French, =oct- oct- + -illion, as in million]
oc•til′lionth, adj., n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||octillion - the number that is represented as a one followed by 27 zeros|
U.S.A., United States, United States of America, US, USA, America, the States, U.S. - North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
large integer - an integer equal to or greater than ten