octuple(redirected from octuples)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
oc·tu·ple(ŏk′tə-pəl, -to͞o′pəl, -tyo͞o′-)
1. Consisting of eight parts or members.
2. Eight times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
An eightfold amount or number.
tr. & intr.v. oc·tu·pled, oc·tu·pling, oc·tu·ples
To multiply or be multiplied by eight.
a quantity or number eight times as great as another
1. eight times as much or as many
2. consisting of eight parts
(tr) to multiply by eight
[C17: from Latin octuplus, from octo eight + -plus as in duplus double]
oc•tu•ple(ˈɒk tʊ pəl, -tyʊ-; ɒkˈtu pəl, -ˈtyu-)
adj., v. -pled, -pling. adj.
1. eightfold; eight times as great.
2. consisting of eight parts.v.t.
3. to make eight times as great.
Past participle: octupled
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||octuple - having eight units or components|
multiple - having or involving or consisting of more than one part or entity or individual; "multiple birth"; "multiple ownership"; "made multiple copies of the speech"; "his multiple achievements in public life"; "her multiple personalities"; "a pineapple is a multiple fruit"