Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Having or existing in one dimension only.
2. Lacking depth; superficial.
1. (Mathematics) maths having only one dimension and therefore showing only linear information such as length or width or height
2. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) censorious having a single focus; narrow and superficial
3. (Theatre) censorious having a single focus; narrow and superficial
4. (Film) censorious having a single focus; narrow and superficial
1. having one dimension only.
2. having no depth or scope.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||one-dimensional - relating to a single dimension or aspect; having no depth or scope; "a prose statement of fact is unidimensional, its value being measured wholly in terms of its truth"- Mary Sheehan; "a novel with one-dimensional characters"|
|2.||one-dimensional - of or in or along or relating to a line; involving a single dimension; "a linear measurement"|