one-step(redirected from one-stepping)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A ballroom dance consisting of a series of unbroken rapid steps in 2/4 time.
2. The music for this dance.
intr.v. one-stepped, one-step·ping, one-steps
To perform this dance.
1. (Dancing) an early 20th-century ballroom dance with long quick steps, the precursor of the foxtrot
2. (Music, other) a piece of music composed for or in the rhythm of this dance
n., v. -stepped, -step•ping. n.
1. a dance for couples with quick walking steps to a ragtime rhythm.v.i.
2. to dance the one-step.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||one-step - an early ballroom dance; precursor to the fox-trot|
ballroom dance, ballroom dancing - any of a variety of social dances performed by couples in a ballroom
turkey trot - an early ragtime one-step
|Verb||1.||one-step - dance the one-step|