Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. observation post
2. Roman Catholic Church Order of Preachers (Dominican)
3. out of print
1. (Military) military observation post
2. (Roman Catholic Church) Ordo Praedicatorum (the Dominicans)
3. (Elements & Compounds) organophosphate
[(for sense 2) Latin: Order of Preachers]
var. of ob- before p: oppose.
1. Order of Preachers (Dominican).
[< Latin Ōrdō Praedicātōrum]
2. Also, o.p. out of print.
The left hand side of the stage when facing the audience (right in UK).