Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to open house: Open table
1. A social event in which hospitality is extended to all.
2. An occasion when a school or institution is open for visiting and observation by the public.
a. A period of time during which a house or apartment for sale or rent is held open for public viewing.
b. A house or apartment open for such viewing.
1. US and Canadian an occasion on which an institution, such as a school, is open for inspection by the public. Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): open day or at-home
2. keep open house to be always ready to provide hospitality
3. US and NZ a house available for inspection by prospective buyers
1. a party or reception during which a person's home is open to visitors.
2. a time during which a school, institution, etc., is open to the public, as for exhibition.
3. a house or apartment for sale or rent that is available for inspection by prospective clients.