outfitter(redirected from outfitter's)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. A set of tools or equipment for a specialized purpose: a welder's outfit. See Synonyms at equipment.
2. A set of clothing, often with accessories: What outfit are you wearing to the party?
3. Informal An association of persons, especially a military unit or a business organization.
4. The act of equipping: the leader's outfit of the expedition.
tr.v. out·fit·ted, out·fit·ting, out·fits
To provide with necessary equipment: This store outfits skiers. See Synonyms at furnish.
1. a shop that sells men's clothes
2. a person who provides outfits
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||outfitter - someone who sells men's clothes|
Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
|2.||outfitter - a shop that provides equipment for some specific purpose; "an outfitter provided everything needed for the safari"|