Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to outflow: inflow, Capital Outflow, sympathetic outflow, Cash Outflow
1. The act or process of flowing out: watched the outflow of the tide.
a. Something that flows out: an outflow of water from a power plant.
b. The amount flowing out: a heavy outflow of cash from the country.
intr.v. out·flowed, out·flow·ing, out·flows
To issue or stream out, in or as if in a flow: Too much money is outflowing from our household.
1. anything that flows out, such as liquid, money, ideas, etc
2. the amount that flows out
3. the act or process of flowing out
1. the act of flowing out.
2. something that flows out.
3. any outward movement.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||outflow - the discharge of a fluid from some container; "they tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe"; "he had to clean up the leak"|
|2.||outflow - the process of flowing out|
flow - any uninterrupted stream or discharge
|3.||outflow - a natural flow of ground water |
Fountain of Youth - a fountain described in folk tales as able to make people young again; "Ponce de Leon discovered Florida while searching for the Fountain of Youth"
geyser - a spring that discharges hot water and steam
1. stream, issue, flow, rush, emergence, spate, deluge, outpouring, effusion, emanation, efflux an increasing outflow of refugees from the country
outflow[ˈaʊtˌfləʊ] n (for liquid) → scarico
n. derrame, salida, flujo.