outshoot(redirected from outshooting)
Related to outshooting: offshoot
tr.v. out·shot (-shŏt′), out·shoot·ing, out·shoots
To shoot better than (another): a pistol that easily outshoots others in its class; a basketball player who outshot all others on the team.
A protuberance, projection, or outgrowth: outshoots of brush on the high mountain slopes.
vb, -shoots, -shooting or -shot
1. (Shooting) (tr) to surpass or excel in shooting
2. to go or extend beyond (something)
3. a thing that projects or shoots out
4. the act or state of shooting out or protruding
out•shoot(v. ˌaʊtˈʃut; n. ˈaʊtˌʃut)
v.t. -shot, -shoot•ing.
1. to surpass in shooting, esp. in accuracy.
2. to shoot beyond.
Past participle: outshot