Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. o·ver·de·vel·oped, o·ver·de·vel·op·ing, o·ver·de·vel·ops
1. To develop to excess: muscles that were overdeveloped by weightlifting.
2. To process (a photographic plate or film) too long or in too concentrated a solution.
1. to develop too much or too far
2. (Photography) photog to process (a film, plate, or print) in developer for more than the required time, at too great a concentration, etc
o•ver•de•vel•op(ˌoʊ vər dɪˈvɛl əp)
1. to develop to excess.
2. to develop a (photograph) for too long or in too strong a solution.
Past participle: overdeveloped