Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to overheat: overheated
v. o·ver·heat·ed, o·ver·heat·ing, o·ver·heats
1. To heat too much.
2. To cause to become excited, agitated, or overstimulated.
To become too hot or very excited.
1. to make or become excessively hot
2. (tr; often passive) to make very agitated, irritated, etc
3. (Economics) (intr) (of an economy) to tend towards inflation, often as a result of excessive growth in demand
4. (Economics) (tr) to cause (an economy) to tend towards inflation
the condition of being overheated
1. to heat to excess.
2. to excite or agitate.
3. to stimulatev.i.
4. to become overheated.(the economy) to excess.
Past participle: overheated
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||overheat - get excessively and undesirably hot; "The car engines overheated"|
|2.||overheat - make excessively or undesirably hot; "The room was overheated"|