overreaching(redirected from overreachingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial.
v. o·ver·reached, o·ver·reach·ing, o·ver·reach·es
1. To reach or extend over or beyond.
2. To miss by reaching too far or attempting too much: overreach a goal.
3. To defeat (oneself) by going too far or by doing or trying to gain too much.
4. To get the better of, especially by deceitful cleverness; outwit.
1. To reach or go too far.
2. To overreach oneself.
3. To outwit or cheat others.
4. To strike the front part of a hind foot against the rear or side part of a forefoot or foreleg on the same side of the body. Used of a horse.