Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to oxeye: oxeye daisy
1. Any of several plants in the composite family, especially of the genera Buphthalmum and Heliopsis, having flowers with yellow rays and yellow or orange centers.
2. A round or oval window, especially in a dormer.
1. (Plants) any Eurasian plant of the genus Buphthalmum, having daisy-like flower heads with yellow rays and dark centres: family Asteraceae (composites)
2. (Plants) any of various North American plants of the related genus Heliopsis, having daisy-like flowers
3. (Plants) oxeye daisy another name for daisy2
n., pl. -eyes.
any of several composite plants having ray flowers surrounding a conspicuous disk.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||oxeye - any North American shrubby perennial herb of the genus Heliopsis having large yellow daisylike flowers|
genus Heliopsis - oxeye
|2.||oxeye - Eurasian perennial herbs having daisylike flowers with yellow rays and dark centers|
|3.||oxeye - an oval or round dormer window|
dormer window - the window in a gabled extension built to accommodate a window