Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Dash; verve.
2. A bunch of feathers or a plume, especially on a helmet.
1. a dashing manner; style; swagger: he rides with panache.
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a feathered plume on a helmet
[C16: via French from Old Italian pennacchio, from Late Latin pinnāculum feather, from Latin pinna feather; compare Latin pinnāculum pinnacle]
1. a grand or flamboyant manner; flair; verve.
2. a plume of feathers, tassels, or the like, esp. on a helmet.
[1545–55; variant (after French) of pennache < Middle French < early Italian pennachio < Late Latin pinnāculum, diminutive of Latin pinna feather, wing; compare pinnacle]
panache- Can be a tuft or plume of feathers on a headdress or helmet.
See also related terms for helmet.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||panache - distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"|
elegance - a refined quality of gracefulness and good taste; "she conveys an aura of elegance and gentility"
|2.||panache - a feathered plume on a helmet|
plume - a feather or cluster of feathers worn as an ornament