parted(redirected from partedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Separated or divided into parts.
2. Being or kept apart; separated.
3. Botany Cleft almost to the base, so as to have distinct divisions or lobes.
4. Deceased: our recently parted friend.
1. (Botany) botany divided almost to the base: parted leaves.
2. (Heraldry) heraldry showing two coats of arms divided by a vertical central line
1. divided into parts; cleft.
2. divided by a part: parted hair.
3. set or kept apart; separated.
4. Bot. separated into rather distinct portions by incisions that extend nearly to the midrib or the base.
5. Archaic. deceased.