Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to partialness: partiality
1. Of, relating to, being, or affecting only a part; not total; incomplete: The plan calls for partial deployment of missiles. The police have only a partial description of the suspect.
2. Favoring one person or side over another or others; biased or prejudiced: a decision that was partial to the plaintiff.
3. Having a particular liking or fondness for something or someone: partial to spicy food.
4. Mathematics Of or being operations or sequences of operations, such as differentiation and integration, when applied to only one of several variables at a time.
1. Music See harmonic.
2. Mathematics A partial derivative.
[Middle English parcial, from Old French, from Late Latin partiālis, from Latin pars, part-, part; see part.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||partialness - the state of being only a part; not total; incomplete|