Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. One who has formerly held the position of master in an organization, especially a social one such as a lodge or club.
2. One who is thoroughly experienced and skilled in a particular craft or activity.
1. a person with talent for, or experience in, a particular activity: a past master of tact.
2. a person who has held the office of master in a Freemasons' lodge, guild, etc
1. a person who is thoroughly skilled in a profession or art; expert.
2. a person who has held the office of master in a guild, lodge, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||past master - someone who was formerly a master|
|2.||past master - someone who has long and thorough experience in a given activity|
expert - a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully